I am going to preface this post with a rule:Don't Judge Me!
I knew I wanted those cereal keepers for everything. They serve a number of purposes that I like:
- Look uniform when lined up next to each other
- Great size for most items in a pantry
- Flip top so you can snag those fun fruits you just have to have... now!
- Fits so easily on the shelves
- Don't have to stack them, but tall enough that they utilize space efficiently
- Easy to label
I checked online (cheapest I saw was $6 a piece)... Wal-mart had them for $6.97 (Rubbermaid brand)... they only went up from there. And since I needed a LOT of them~ I couldn't (and wasn't allowed) to spend that much.
So I went to the dollar store (I'm sure any version would do)... and found them for... wait for it... $1 a piece!!!
They had 2 sizes. I would have preferred the larger ones for everything, but they only had 3 of them. So I settled for the smaller ones. I may eventually switch them out (I mean at a $1, I could afford to).
The steps are pretty self-explanatory... And I even took pictures during parts of the process! Aren't you proud?